The Lumenis M22™ – Dry Eye Technology
Dr. Lewis is a leader and advocate for the advancements of dry eye relief technology. James S. Lewis, MD is the first and only office in the region to offer the newest Intense Pulsed Light technology for the treatment of dry eye.
Mostly for use with dry eye, this device is associated with skin rejuvenation and is a pleasant by-product of dry eye treatment with IPL.
• Light energy is divided into a train of doses to allow tissue relaxation and painless treatment
• Faster treatments
• Built-in cooing unit to maintain uniform application of therapy
sometimes done alone
sometime in conjunction with MiBoFlo
Eligible candidates must minimize sun exposure for one month prior to treatment, discontinue doxycycline and related photosensitive medications and reduce unprotected sun exposure following treatment.
Intense Pulsed Light
IPL: M2 Lumenis $300.00
total for both eyes
- Duration: 10 minutes
- Recommended Frequency: Monthly for a minimum of 3 sessions annually
- Note: Packages of 6 IPL sessions can be purchased for $1500.
One MIBO treatment of both eyes for $150 (regularly $300)
The Lumenis OPT™ advantages
• Control pulse shape by equalizing energy distribution over the entire pulse or sequential pulses
• Gentler, more comfortable, patient-friendly procedures, with lower effective fluences
• High peak power, shorter pulses – optimal for IPL skin treatments using photorejuvenation and treatment of benign pigmented lesions
• Advanced OPT will also allow determining the specific fluence per sub-pulse when using multiple-sequential pulsing, for fine-tuned treatment settings.
Treatment for Dry Eye